Resident Information Booklet
Click Here to download the John Curtin Aged Care Inc. Resident Handbook.
We provide accessible, welcoming and responsive residential care for ageing people in Creswick and District.
We listen and respond to the diverse needs of Creswick and District's ageing community members, while being an employer of choice for current and future staff.
We have one very important value at John Curtin Aged Care and that is to be resident-focused in all of our planning and activities. We demonstrate this value through:
- Community partnership
- Environmental responsibility
- Demonstrable quality
- John Curtin maintains robust financial capacity to ensure its ability to employ adequate numbers of qualified and supported staff to provide appropriate levels of care
- John Curtin ensures that its buildings, facilities, gardens and equipment are maintained to a high standard
- John Curtin facilitates and encourages the ongoing involvement of families and friends in the lives of their family members
- John Curtin is a vibrant community partner, participating in meaningful ways, for the greater good of Creswick and District
- John Curtin provides a homelike residential environment where people are supported to live as comfortably and independently as they are able
Philosophy of Care
- Equality of access
- High quality relevant service delivery
- Ageing in place, adjusting our care to resident needs
- Commitment to quality – constantly seeking ways to deliver better services
- Respecting and promoting diversity, embracing people of differing cultures, religions and lifestyles
- A learning organisation, where staff are encouraged and supported to continually develop their skills and abilities
- Supporting and enhancing social relationships and personal interests through individualised and group activities
- Maintenance of skills and ability through appropriate diet, hydration, exercise and care
We strive to provide a welcoming environment to residents, families, friends and visitors. The care of residents is designed to maintain their quality of life and to ensure they can live with dignity and privacy in a supportive setting.